View Single Post
Old 05-28-2013, 06:25 PM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
As I am not a US Citizen nor do I reside in the US, I can't vote in US elections either, so you can rest easy I don't "pollute the process" with an "uninformed vote."
And that's a good thing, since you seem to be fixated on a view of the world that is not firmly based in the real world.
Quote:
I would have thought that "natural selection" in Hollywood should have weeded out those who can't stay professional enough to hold down good roles and a good reputation. You can't do those two if you're busy spouting your own ideology to everyone you meet on set.
How in the world did you come to THAT conclusion? What natural selection? WTF are you talking about? You're straying into POI or BRM territory with your obtuse conclusions. You CAN spout liberal ideology (or conservative) during breaks in filming. We don't suppress people's 1st amendment rights when they're NOT filming. You seem intent on proving something that just doesn't make any sense. A person can spout off all they want that they think guns should be banned on the set. If they don't PUBLICLY embarrass the production, then why would a production stop hiring them if they are a good actor or a good marquee draw?
Quote:
I take it that in a less "star-studded" area, these actors would acquire a bad reputation and companies would refuse to work with them or supply prop firearms to them. The problem is that on the Hollywood sets, there's always someone else willing to work for that kind of money, right?
If you're implying that I am some how 'whoring out' by taking their money, thanks for the comment. And yes, we have refused to provide guns to productions before. But that is not the point. You don't seem willing to advance any point other than your own twisted view of a 'perfect workplace' which doesn't exist. So I'm done here