View Single Post
Old 10-10-2009, 07:43 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
At least Micheal Bay knows how to adequately exploit the military in his movies
True, and seeing the military fighting the Decepticons was pretty much the only good thing about the "Transformers" movies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan198 View Post
Yeah, I liked them too. Like MT said, it's a real shame the military didn't get more screen time. But at least human weapons put a couple of those SOB Tripods into the dirt this time around, unlike the original where we were totally pwned the whole movie through. And the scene at the end when those 82nd troopers (at least I think they were supposed to be 82nd) were blowing the shit out of that dying Tripod with Javelins and Gustavs was one of the coolest ever.
Yeah, but come on. The Army and Marines loaned Spielberg Abrams tanks, Paladin howitzers, and LAV-25s, plus their crews. How does he use them? They're in one scene where they drive by in a convoy, and another where they're all lined up on a hill and then charge across (and we don't even get to see them shooting at the tripods). If the DoD gave me that much hardware, I would make extensive use of it, the way that Bay did in "Transformers 2". Showing soldiers firing Javelins just doesn't equate with what could have been.