View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 07:26 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkychinaman View Post
MW2, MW3 and BO2 didn't do it for you?
Neither of those games had an Red Dawn story. The story idea is very simple, grim and different from just a military shooter. The setting is middle America after a take over of a foreign military. We have check points, execution squads, mass graves, tough times. We play the citizens fighting back. That's what Homefront potential has. It sets up a backstory where a country we thought isn't a threat becomes powerful and now aims at taking us out. The tone is a lot different from your Call of Duty or Battlefield style of gameplay. I want to see us using civilian weapons that don't fire full auto, some guns with limited magazine capacities against a well trained, and well armed military. You don't get grenades right off the bat, but grenades are constantly being thrown at you. Tanks and armored vehicles come at you and there isn't a rocket launcher in sight.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”