View Single Post
Old 05-23-2012, 08:29 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

I like the character development between the main guys. I didn't however like how Hawkeye got taken from the good guys almost at the start of the movie and then almost at the end of the movie was brought back. I was hoping we see more of him in action but not as a mind controlled bad guy.

I didn't like how the stand off scene where it ended with Banner holding the staff was going. It seemed like no one was questioning why they were suddenly at each other's throats and why they stopped arguing when it was over.

It was nice to see Captain America pick up a gun and shoot however brief that was. If we look at the context of just the movie character without the knowledge of the comics, we do wonder why Captain America stopped using a gun especially brought into battle where aliens are shooting at him. It just doesn't seem to work when in one movie he used a gun and another he stopped. I was hoping for scenes of him being amazed at how firearms have advanced since he was asleep.

And I still found it odd that Black Widow went into battle against an alien invasion with just 2 Glocks and not full size Glocks, subcompact Glocks. In the comics, she uses full size assault rifles on occasion. One issue cover had her posing with a FAL. I would of loved to see that in the movie.

In the comics Hawkeye was trained by Captain America, but that was the original story

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”