View Single Post
Old 12-24-2011, 01:48 AM

A US Civil War issued Starr 1863 Single Action Army, the 3rd most common revolver used by Union forces. Starr originally made the 1858 Double Action, but it wasn't very reliable and the US War Department informed them they wanted a single action instead. Although these were the 3rd most common revolver, they only made about a 10th as many Starrs as Colts and a 5th as many as Remingtons.

Finally, and probably the best for last, a totally authentic, original and unmessed with US M1A1 Carbine, one of the rarest and most desirable US weapons of WW2, and definately the most commonly faked. This one is made by the correct manufacturer (Inland), in the correct serial number range, and has all the correct features and stamps.

I purchased it from a fellow I met through work. The story is that his father, while serving with the 2nd Canadian Infantry Division (he mentionned tanks, so I imagine either the VIII Recconnaisance Regiment, or he actually meant the 2nd Independent Armored Brigade), traded a Luger he'd taken off of a dead German to an American paratrooper for it. He apparently carried it around for the war and got ammo whenever they passed American supply dumps. He then had a Colonel he was friendly with smuggle it home in his bags for him, as he figured they wouldn't be searched.