Thread: Page format
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2008, 06:13 AM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
A recent problem to me lately is someone taking over a page I was working on and changing how it looks.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I like my pictures to be 500 in size. I just do, if it's too big, I'll tone it down to 400, but 300 is just too small for me. You can barely see anything. Also another problem is that, once you wrote down a character's name and that he or she uses one weapon and then write the action playing him or her, I think it's repetitive to do it over and over for every gun this character used.

Then there's the bullet points. I'm redoing my entire Sarah Conner Chronicles page because of some noob.
hahaha. hope I did not offend you, but I made some changes myself (and Btracy1994 did a lot of changes). I did not know that you claimed the TSCC page for yourself. But I worked on that page long before you started (and Btracy1994 started before me so he has more of a claim than I do...), but I stopped and only recently went back, primarily because I got the entire series on DVD (which you probably did too). I wasn't offended when others changed what I did (but I can understand when someone does 90% or more of page).

I agree. 500px is good for screencaps, I think 600 is too big for most screens (and most folks don't have those massive 1920x1200 screens that some diehard gamers have. )

BTW who made my contributed pics smaller? I was actually trying to get a good screencap of each mentioned instance in the gun descriptions.

A standard size for screencaps is good. I agree that the 500 is a good size. However, the GUN image pixel sizes should reflect the shape of the gun. a long skinny image like a sniper rifle can be 500px long, but a square image like a pistol or SMG should be smaller or else the image looks too massive.

Just my 2 cents.