Thread: Randomness 2
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2010, 02:16 PM
Formerly "Checkman"
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9870 View Post
After handling glocks I have decided that if I get one it will be because whatever LE agency I work for requires it. And Ill customize the crap out of it to make it not suck.
If the department has a strict firearms policy you won't. I was issued a Glock 19 back in 06. The department had Glock put night sights on all the Glocks before they were shipped. The only thing I can do to my G19 is put a rubber grip sleeve on it and put the plug in that hole in the handle.

It is stated in policy that we can't change the mechanical workings of the firearm or change out the barrel without approval from the Lt in charge of the firearms training program.

If I altered the trigger from the 5.5lb trigger to the New York trigger (for example) and got in a shooting I would be in a world of hurt. I would have violated policy and no matter how good the shoot could very possibly find myself on my own without the legal support of my department. I could possibly get fired and might even get charged by the department for something.

In the real world of police work violating policy is a very good way to get in alot of trouble.

So if you get issued a Glock you'll take it and use it. If the department allows for some modifications great, but if the department mandates the Glock stays with factory specs then that's all there is to it.

Sorry.