View Single Post
Old 05-26-2009, 02:04 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoviePropMaster2008 View Post
TV is going to suck even more from now on. Just curious. So a question to our younger members, how many of your peers fall into this vapid category of only liking reality TV shows that deal with 'relationship drama'? (like the Bachelor, etc.?)
I don't really know ANYONE who watches that shit. I know I barely watch any myself (I did watch some "American Idol" this season, only because Anoop Desai, one of the contestants, went to high school with me). Even most of the girls I knew in college, who I would think are the biggest demographic for reality shows, actually liked "24" better than "The Bachelor". But then, I went to college with girls who were actually pretty smart.

I think what you said is accurate - talk shows and reality TV are being made more often simply because they're cheaper to make. Most of those shows are considered successful if they have only half a million viewers, whereas a show like "The Unit" needs to have at least 2-3 million viewers to be considered even moderately successful.