View Single Post
Old 07-28-2010, 12:23 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoviePropMaster2008 View Post
You have NO idea what "fair use" is. You would NEVER survive on Wikipedia, since they routinely won't post images that they don't have the license to or are not already in the public domain. Guess what? These images are not in the public domain.

Fair use is when you copy in part or in whole a news article or similar created media when referring back to it in your own original article or reprinting it with full attributions. You cannot alter the wording or intent, even if you're discussing the author, except in context of an analysis of the work. But you're not doing that. It doesn't mean you can take J.K. Rowling's new book, auto replaced every instance of "the" with "Fuck" and then release it as your own book. Sure, we see copyrighted photos of celebs photoshopped to be naked. They're everywhere and they're technically illegal, not 'invasion of privacy' of the celeb, but violation of copyright of the original photographer. You're not in that realm so you don't see all the cease and desist orders and court judgments against violators.
I'm not claiming the photographs as my own work, I'm not trying to make any money off of them, and I only posted them here for a bit of fun, on the forum attached to the only site that has permission to display the originals. You're not taking any sort of loss financially or of your reputation, and I'm certainly not profiting off them. It was a simple joke and you're overreacting, probably just because you don't like me.