View Single Post
Old 07-25-2010, 04:23 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT2008 View Post
You confuse anger with frustration. You are a very frustrating person. Personally, I'm getting really tired of dealing with you, too.
It's a discussion, nothing to get frustrated over. Chill.

Quote:
Tell me, have you EVER heard of a Wiki that even has this sort of system? Especially one with as few staff as ourselves?
Nothing wrong with being innovative.

Quote:
And you keep dwelling on the practicality aspect of our argument while ignoring the moral component. Treating all registered users like malicious spammers is simply unfair.
You mean unregistered users. If somebody's registered it means they've passed the test.

Quote:
If we adopted your idea, then we'd look like a huge bunch of assholes, and most of us on here don't aspire to be seen as assholes. Of course, since you clearly are an asshole (either that or someone with a serious case of Asperger's Syndrome), I guess this is a tough idea for you to grasp.
A: I don't have Asperger's Syndrome.
B: I don't think anybody's going to get their feelings hurt because they're not allowed to edit a website.
C: "Due to a recent increase in vandalism, we here at IMFDB have decided to institute a policy of...etc." Tada, we're not assholes, we have high expectations of quality from our users. It's all subjective.
D: I don't actually care one way or another if this or anything like this is ever implemented. It's an idea for IMFDB I'm discussing on a discussion forum for discussing the daily goings-on of IMFDB. It's a discussion. An idea, a brainstorming. I'm not making a beer hall putsch here, just tossing it out into the aether and refining it as a whole as more issues are raised.