View Single Post
Old 11-28-2009, 03:34 AM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Markost Send a message via Yahoo to Markost Send a message via Skype™ to Markost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkman View Post
Sorry to add gasoline to the fire but just one thing. Those folks who are descended from the original Portugese and Spanish settlers are also considered to be "white" or Caucasian. Now those folks who have the various Indians and/or Blacks in their genetic history aren't.

Lately there has been a tendency to consider those who speak Spanish to be "non-white". Well I've been to Spain (and Italy) and I've seen my share of fair skinned, blonde hair and blue eyed Spanish speaking (and Italian) natives.

"White" folks are not just Anglo-Saxon descent. Though I know that right now it's popular to think that.
Thatīs right, my grandfathers were italian, and my grandpa had blue eyes, not only the saxons are caucasians. Thatīs from my motherīs side, but my father has french-basque blood mixed with indian and spanish blood, so I consider myself as a result of cultural crossbreeding. This is very common here, because 85% of the population is descended from Italians...

Quote:
And don't try to say that I support making spanish a official language in any state because spanish is a extremely hard language to learn if you're not born in it. Teaching spanish is federal law in all schools in Brazil for some stupid reason. I can pronounce words in spanish really well but I can't understand what I'm saying or hearing. Spanish is a pain in the ass to learn and I think that the United States has no official language on the federal level is silly. Which is why I think the government should rehabilitate the immigrants not just let them run around doing anythin they want all willy nilly. I know you are in California and there's a huge spanish speaking population in there but to feel like a minority is silly.
mmm, say thanks to the Mercosur...