View Single Post
Old 11-27-2009, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan198 View Post

They take welfare and food stamps that only US citizens should be eligible for, they get free health care at taxpayer expense, and yeah, biggest part of them can't speak, read, or write English. I've heard it's getting to the point where the they're even considering making Spanish an official second language! It's getting to where I'm a minority in my own country and I'm fed up with it.

I have no problem with them if they come legally, but we've been way too accommodating to illegals. And I don't really find employers getting cheap labor as any kind of advantage for anyone but the employers themselves in that it enables them to avoid paying decent wages.
What? You feel like you are a minority in your own country? Really? And why do only US citizens should be eliglible for welfare and food stamps? Is it because they pay taxes? Because we could rehabilitate illegal immigrants instead of just throwing them in jail or deporting them.

Seriously Spartan, how the hell can you feel like a minority? I assume you're white by the way. How can you feel like a minority when 82 percent of Americans speak English and only 12 percent speak spanish. Of course, 12 percent would be over 30 million Americans but comparing that to the 82 percent and you have a huge difference. How can you feel like a minority when 79 percent of Americans are white and white decendents and only 15 of them are hispanic and hispanic decendent? Your claim that you feel like a minority is ridiculous. It's laughable at best.

And don't try to say that I support making spanish a official language in any state because spanish is a extremely hard language to learn if you're not born in it. Teaching spanish is federal law in all schools in Brazil for some stupid reason. I can pronounce words in spanish really well but I can't understand what I'm saying or hearing. Spanish is a pain in the ass to learn and I think that the United States has no official language on the federal level is silly. Which is why I think the government should rehabilitate the immigrants not just let them run around doing anythin they want all willy nilly. I know you are in California and there's a huge spanish speaking population in there but to feel like a minority is silly.