View Single Post
Old 11-26-2009, 01:23 AM

Well, frankly, I'm getting fed up with the Democrat vs Republican squabbles. It's one of the things that's hurting this country the most.

I support our presence in Afghanistan unconditionally no matter what the rest of the world thinks. In 2003, I was all for going into Iraq, though now I'm of the mind that we've done everything we can there and it's time to let the Iraqi government stand on their own two feet. I still, however, believe Saddam was attempting to construct nuclear weapons. I'm pro-military, and always will be, regardless of all that.

I'm divided on universal health care. I may not be fully-educated on it, but from what I do know, it has both advantages as well as disadvantages.

I bleed red, white, and blue and stand by my country no matter what the rest of the world thinks of it. I don't buy into bullshit conspiracy theories like Bush being in line with Bin Laden and find them to be ridiculous.

I'm pro-Israel, but I find their actions as of late to be extremely questionable.

I'm all for Georgia giving Russia the finger and joining NATO.

I oppose closing the detainment facilities at GitMo because... well... what's it really going to accomplish? The world will continue accusing us of torture no matter what we do.

I support private security contractors because they get a lot of undue shit for doing a dangerous job. Yeah, they get paid for doing it, but who doesn't get paid for working in this country? Does that make the mailman a "mercenary"?

I'm all for closing our borders and cutting illegal immigration off. I live in California and the place has gone bankrupt supporting Mexico.

^I think that's all the big topics currently. I've got my beliefs and opinions just like everyone else. It's amazing how even here inside the US, people get chastised for supporting the country, yet those who trash it get hailed like fucking heroes!

RIP Kevin Conroy, the one true Batman