View Single Post
Old 05-17-2013, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoviePropMaster2008 View Post
Do you even know what a Hollywood Liberal is? Much less met one?
Pardon me, I'm not a US Citizen so it's exceedingly unlikely I'd meet Hollywood stars.

Quote:
Stay safe in your amazingly naive and almost childlike belief that people are fair, just, and mature LOL On the set we all just do the following - 1) "yes sir" 2) No sir 3) walk away when people start spouting vile political screeds and clean the guns. You don't bring up politics on set EVER. Though there are a bunch of famous actors I've met who do. I just walk away (sure there is steam blowing out of my ears) but I maintain the professional outward demeanor.
I don't call it naive, I call it having professional attitude and demeanor. Why bring up things like politics when you don't have to? It just gets in the way of a smooth production. I would think that actors know how to act well already; can't they at least act civil and not bring up unnecessary stuff? Or do they chat up anyone and everyone with their hot button issues, from the best boy to the caterers?

Quote:
And remember, I've seen actors abuse their weapons and I've yanked them back and they quip "Oh, well I hate guns myself". So their own pathologies allows them to take out their aggressions on expensive tools and equipment owned by others? Right.
I would have thought that you had production companies sign contracts with you that the actors will not unnecessarily abuse the weapons while the contract is active. James Cameron could afford the repair fees when he got Arnold Schwarzenegger to drop a minigun on a hard floor back in Terminator 2; I doubt many other production companies would like to be saddled with repair/replacement fees for guns of yours their actors broke. Have you tried giving a briefing session to actors unfamiliar with guns and teaching them the proper respect for these weapons, along with the usual safety briefing?