View Single Post
Old 04-14-2013, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoviePropMaster2008 View Post
Correct. This kid has worked with (or at least tried) with everyone in the biz at least one time or another over the last few years. I suspect that someone forwarded him to ME just to get the kid off HIS back. That's the way it works.
It could be a lot worse. There are some personalities who just can't let a problem rest, like the "Atomic Boy Scout," a wayward Boy Scout who at the tender age of 17 tried to build a working nuclear reactor in his backyard shed, which ended up turning into an impromptu radiological device, all before the heyday of the Internet. Compared to that, making black powder, or smokeless powder, or even fertilizer bombs are child's play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoviePropMaster2008 View Post
Anyway, IMFDB members have been pretty respectful of my need for anonymity, being that there are tons of vindictive folks in Hollywood who will NOT hire you for not towing their particular political line.
Anonymity is a shield, but hardly a sturdy one, as the recent epidemic of "doxxing" has proved, or even in government circles (go look at the Valerie Plame affair). I'm surprised that people might not hire you based on your political beliefs, though; I mean, as long as you supply all the needed props and blanks on time and on budget, it's no matter what your political beliefs are, right?