View Single Post
Old 05-13-2010, 04:38 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
But it isn't like we've got people in the states that are that are so paramilitary organized like the IRA against the US government to get off their lawn. That's what the IRA was fighting about, beating back what they are calling British occupiers in their nation and fighting what they are calling a war. But just because it happened over there and not in America, doesn't mean it couldn't. Just don't like like making a law about it when it hasn't happen and saying it will NOT happen because of a law that's written by men on a piece of paper isn't going to work.
Maybe I'm just tired, but...what are you trying to say? This entire paragraph is a mess and I can't tell what you are trying to argue.

Quote:
That's 2 illegals. One a convicted man not allowed to own a gun, and he has one now. And the second is some girl who previously has no criminal record, will NOW have a criminal record by supplying a convicted man a weapon that said man isn't allowed to have.
And your point is? The fact that it's illegal versus the fact that it can be done (and the perps getting away with it) are two different things.

Quote:
I was referring to the VA Tech guy and how the media described in detailed what kinds of guns he was carrying and the ammo capacity of his magazines.
Then you should have at least read the Wikipedia article before you started typing, which takes all of 10 seconds. Cho Seung-Hui killed 32 people (excluding himself) and he used a Glock 19 fitted with 15-shot mags.

Quote:
Do you really think he was firing pin point shots with a 33 round magazine in semi auto or that he would just shoot wildly around until he hits someone? We don't know that. The idea for a civilian is that listing something as a "high capacity" magazine is a scare word to the general public. Granted 33 round would be a high capacity mag when compared to a Glock 17 standard mag of what? half that? I've seen news report of reporters calling an M16's 30 round magazine a "high capacity" magazine.
Cho Seung-Hui was able to kill that many people because he had them all trapped in a building (and classrooms) with no escape, so it was a matter of walking around and shooting them. Plus, he had time to do his killing because he had used chains to seal off the exits. The concern regarding high-capacity magazines is situations where a nutcase attacks a crowd of people in an area where they DO have an escape, in which case, being able to fire dozens of rounds without reloading does give him the ability to hit/injure/kill more of them. Think Stockton, CA, 1989 (the original massacre that got everyone all hot and bothered over assault weapons).

Quote:
First off, your state and my state allows for no limit on capacity in magazines. I could get a 100 round drum mag for a Glock 17. Would I? Not really, why? practicality. It's big, unwieldy and heavy as hell to carry.
So what? If you're a mass-killer, what matters is how many rounds you can fire in the shortest time possible.

Quote:
If I had a Beretta M92
And for the last time, dude, it's "Beretta 92F", not "Beretta M92".

Last edited by MT2008; 05-13-2010 at 04:42 AM.