View Single Post
Old 10-24-2009, 12:47 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_Goodbomb View Post
1. Empty of fluid. IE, liquor.

2. It's... a flask. It's one solid piece with a false bottom. Then the firearm would be inside it, and the insides lined with foam. Simple stuff here.

3. Who claims I'm a criminal? I get what you're saying, if they've got it, you should, but NO ONE wants to get shot. This macho "girly gun" stuff is tiresome. If someone pulls a gun out of me, whether it's a .22 or a 10-gauge shotgun... I'm not going to say, "please, no, don... Wait, that's only a (smaller calibre than I have), go right ahead, make my day." Give me a break.
(1.) But I thought the point is that you still don't want cops to know you're carrying a gun. In which case, you don't want them to try and empty it to find what's inside.

(2.) It sounds like it would be a pretty tight fit. The foam could get in the way of reaching inside to pull out the gun...I just can't picture it.

(3.) Uh, you completely mis-interpreted what I'm saying. Remember when you said this:

Quote:
It would be safer than a concealment holster, which could potentially be shot THROUGH
In other words, implying that you expect the flask to protect your gun if for some reason a street thug shoots and hits it. My point is, since it's likely that a criminal (meaning, NOT you) would be carrying a larger caliber than .22, then IF your flask got shot, it would most likely be penetrated. Of course, this is a highly unlikely scenario, but I'm only responding to what you said earlier.

As for the caliber, .22 is just not such a good caliber for self-defense. It isn't because it's a "girly gun" or because I'm being macho. I prefer 9x19mm pistols myself, even though many people I know think 9mm is "weak" and think I should be using .40 S&W, .357 SIG, or .45 ACP. But .22 is basically the opposite extreme. Especially if you're getting jacked by some crackhead who's too high to feel much pain.

Quote:
Well, after being used as a prop... I'd continue to own it.
Fair enough, but I wouldn't risk using it in real life if/when you do get a carry permit. It just doesn't seem that practical to me.