View Single Post
Old 09-04-2009, 10:06 PM
IMFDB Admin

While we have veered way off the original topic. It is fun discussing this.

In Overnight it never explains what happened between Duffy and Weinstein. It very well could have been casting. Even though had Duffy final choice, Weinstein may have thought Duffy's cast would have been a bad choice. When the film got put in turnaround. Duffy didn't accuse Weinstien at first, but a women executive at Miramax. Her name is mentioned in Overnight, I can''t remember it.

I watched the first half of Boondocks with the commentary. Duffy makes no mention of his deal with Weinstein. He says he got all these offers from different studios with big budgets, but he decided on a smaller budget to make the film he wanted to make. In reality that wasn't the case. Duffy had no choice but to take the small budget if he wanted to get the film made.

In Overnight he came off as a major dick. But look who made the film. Two guys that were managers for Duffy's band and was left pissing in the wind by him. So they're are bound to hate him with good reason.

The Matrix had pulled in 27 million by April 4th its opening weekend. But I'm wondering if it nosedived after Columbine. With all the negative publicity made towards gun movies. It could have scared off potential buyers.

But the major thing that makes me wonder. They don't just let any film get into Canne do they? There had to have been at least one interested buyer. I mean the film cost 5 to 6 million to make. It could have tripled that at least if it would have been given the publicity. The Boondocks is a damn good film, it's really enjoyable to watch. One of the best lines. "Cuddle? What a fag?" (I have a nothing against gay people, it just hilarious to hear it from a gay character.)

I hope All Saints Day does good in the box office. New people are bound to check out the first film after seeing the trailer for part 2.

Last edited by predator20; 09-04-2009 at 10:13 PM.