View Single Post
Old 01-01-2010, 03:18 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdAstra2009 View Post
If I can find the book at the library again I'll try and scan some images. I want to say the SWAT team was from Arizona but I'm not sure.
There were definitely some SWAT teams using Uzis before the MP5 became popular. Although I can't imagine there were too many. Once SWAT teams decided to ditch their ARs in the 80s and go to 9mm subguns for CQB, the MP5 pretty much was the first gun they all turned to (mostly because Surefire forearms for the MP5 were introduced at almost the same time).

But I do remember seeing pictures in Gun Digest of SWAT teams practicing with Uzis...

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9870 View Post
I wonder if any police have actually used the ruger mp9. It was desighned for law enforcement then.....disappared.
I don't think I've ever seen an MP9 anywhere besides the movies. By the time the MP9 was introduced, H&K pretty much dominated the SWAT long gun market. It would have been almost impossible to compete with them. And almost nobody really tried. Even Action Arms, the Uzi's importer, pretty much gave up on marketing the Uzi to the LE market by the 1990s (that, combined with the ban on importing AWs, was one of the reasons they folded).

Last edited by MT2008; 01-01-2010 at 03:25 PM.