View Single Post
Old 01-27-2018, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkychinaman View Post
Are we talking about a continuation of the original series or yet another reboot?

Edit: NM, read the article. As I stated earlier, ignoring sequels is a sign of desperation. And I can't imagine Peter Weller coming back.
I would agree, except in this case might be a good move, given the original crew had some frankly much better ideas on how to continue the character than what we got. I get the point about not ignoring the existing continuity, except the existing continuity is primarily a big too-many-cooks-in-the-kitchen mess.

That said, this is something along the lines of the reboot many of us wanted and should have got, rather the the big black rubber dildo distraction four years back. There's so much to do with the original character and I and many have long championed a 'hibernation-resurrection into a future world' setting.

Now prevailing opinion was that it'd be a animated job ala the new Starship Troopers, but it seems it will be a live action project. Which in a way is good, shows there's at least hat much faith in it. Anyway, I agree, much as I love Dr. Weller, all but guaranteed he ain't gonna don the suit again. I will say that with the original writers, it's a good start, adding Verhoeven is possible, but even then there's other directors that would do some good with it. Some details sound crazy but, eh.. Bottom line is keep it what it is, RoboCop - Hard, gritty. Mainly steel and concrete. And with a nice load of some sharp satire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkychinaman View Post
Between OJ, Tonya Harding, JonBenet Ramsey, the Menendez Bros, the Versace Murder, and now this, everyone is digging deep on nineties nostalgia. I'm guessing someone is bound to cover Timothy McVeigh and Eric Rudolph soon.
Lol, yeah, they're pumping that well pretty full-tilt nowadays. Of course when everyone in entertainment has literally run out of ideas (even shitty ones) for this long, was bound to happen. I'm sure they're just happy they were able to trough through all the 80s stuff long enough to where they can say 'oh, now the 90s stuff is ~25 years out, that's old enough!' Bah.