View Single Post
Old 06-09-2016, 09:15 PM

I've always personally liked calling ones like the SIG P228/P229 'intermediate' pistols as 'compact' just seems a bit misleading and exhaustive for me (anything not as big as a full-size is a compact? Bah, tell that to car companies). That said, I'm personally not into Glocks, not because I think they are bad (on the contrary) but because every one I've tried, NONE have felt good in my hand, just can't get confident with drawing and wielding them. Of course I have stubby fingers so any hi-cap is going to be a problem. As Excalibur said, physical attributes come into play for sure.

Some of the single-stack Glocks caught my eye but I still don't prefer that aesthetic or striker fire. I actually like the rebooted P225, but I do agree the overall size might be a tad large still, even if it is a bit flatter. I agree generally that an IWB and/or pocket gun is likely going to have to be something more on the smaller side. Not everyone can hide a larger gun so well, no matter how much they try.

I do think you make a fair point about not limiting yourself YNH and personally like your choice (beautiful SIGs by the way) but I think Excalibur said it mostly. It's all about what concessions you want to make where. And of course, mindset, your evaluation of things. Me, I'm not looking to be any hero, so I'm not looking for a larger piece with 15 rounds at the ready. I'm the guy that would happily carry a snub at this point. As I go forward that might change, but not the mindset I have right now nor going into the near future.

Last edited by StanTheMan; 06-09-2016 at 09:19 PM.