View Single Post
Old 03-19-2009, 01:37 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

That's not a TEC-DC9?

As far as the shooting goes, I felt as bad about it as anyone, but there has been talk for years now about what a terrible school Columbine is. I've heard it's one of those places where there's a huge gap between the super-popular, prissy asshole-type kids, and everyone else. In other words, a place that represents all the worst stereotypes of high schools from bad Hollywood movies.

I remember even after the shooting, there was some kid who was interviewed who admitted that he'd bullied the two Columbine shooters. In TIME magazine, he openly bragged about doing it, and then made homophobic comments at the same type. A smiley jock bastard, too. As someone who dealt with those kinds of people as a teenager, I felt an awful lot of spite towards him, despite what he'd been through.

I don't mean to come across as insensitive, because it was incredibly cruel how Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold executed all of those kids (in the library, by lining them up to die). But the thing is, I'm also just not surprised it happened at Columbine, after hearing what the place is like.

Last edited by MT2008; 03-19-2009 at 01:39 AM.