View Single Post
Old 07-17-2010, 04:56 AM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulu Two Six View Post
just how does your friend owe you $500 dollars?
I loaned him $500 about a year ago to pay off a parking ticket so he could get his car out of hoc. Remember this is in Los Angeles, land of the "Screw you anyway you can" government. I just had a buddy get a ticket for 'rolling' through a stop sign in a lane in a parking lot of a city owned PARK, not even a real street.

He's taking a pay cut, his second job went away. And now he has to get his car out of hoc again, but I'm not loaning him any more money. At least he's honest about his debts. So he said I owned the contents of a locked box and this was inside. I also picked up some more pieces from him, things I don't really need but they were a good bargain (C&R long guns mostly) so that he could raise enough cash to get out of the most recent mess. More than I can say about a lot of of folks. I'm sure more than a few of you have loaned people money who don't pay it back.

I loaned another friend a pretty large sum for his start up business, but this was before I realized he was a MORON when it came to money. This guy could fuck up any business venture, sure he could talk a good game, but he did the most idiotic things which would always ruin the venture.

Again, I think only the older IMFDB members would have 'war stories' like this to tell. You younger guys, beware!

You happy now? Bet that wasn't as good as you hoped.