View Single Post
Old 02-27-2009, 12:38 AM
IMFDB Admin

NO, please don't tell me you TOO have been fooled by the Taurus Judge! This gun has become a new movie fad simply because it is a shotgun revolver, but guess what? The 410 gauge shotgun shell is commonly used on small birds such as dove and small ducks. Meaning, even the 3" Magnum shells are not much more than a .45 LC that fires birdshot. And those commercials on Outdoor that show a women draw one from her purse on muggers is fake. A 410 does not completely disintegrate watermelons. And now that all the gamer fans saw Max Payne use one, it could be the next Desert Eagle for gun tha everyone loves because it is almighty. Don't drink the Kool-aid, the gun ain't that great. If anything, it's a good snake gun, maybe a good self-defense gun, but it certainly not what Hollywood is quickly making it out to be. (Sorry if I over reacted, whether or not you just suggested it or promoted it, I need to let people know this).

I only mentioned the 13 and 65 because the pickings were getting slim. Try a Ruger, maybe an SP-101. They've just released this new .327 round, which is shorter than the .357 Magnum, but is more powerful with less recoil. Look interesting but most people probably won't spend money on new ammo when .38 and .357 do fine (and if the 1000% ammunition price tax goes into effect, don't even bother buying ammo anymore, just buy a reloading press)

And as for the Warthog, I know he wanted a revolver, but he mentioned concealed carry and that tends to come up. Look on the Shoot 'Em up page, the Nite-Hawg fits pretty well in his hand.

Irrelevant but I always keep everyone informed, I'm working on Mr & Mrs Smith right now, should have it on by friday. It's been on the bottom of my DVD stack for a while and I figured I'd do it since MPM mentioned it should be done (it's a POPULAR page). Some of the things people uploaded on there right now are totally wrong by the way (The M201-Z is a S&W Gas Gun, Jolies custom 1911 in the store is some custom S&W auto, etc.)