View Single Post
Old 02-11-2009, 08:35 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yournamehere View Post
As far as the front cocking serrations go, I used to hate them too, but I find that when I check the chamber or charge my pistol, I go for the front sometimes rather the back, just cause I get a better grip.
You check the chamber by physically raking the slide? Can't say I'm in the habit of doing this myself.

I understand its practical use, but again, I just think it tends to make the gun look f'ugly. Same with Picatinny rails.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yournamehere View Post
Also, in my humble opinion, if you ever get that 4506 back, that will do pretty much everything any super cool 1911 will do, and you won't feel bad cause you didn't pay a grand for it either. But that's just me, Smith & Wesson loving me.
Actually, I didn't pay a penny for the 4506, my grandfather gave it to me as a birthday present. It was his before it was mine. And he really didn't enjoy shooting it any more than I do.

I guess the difference for me is that 1911s have the historical pedigree that Smiths don't have. It's the only reason I might tend to overlook the fact that I'm not really such a huge fan of .45 ACP.