View Single Post
Old 02-09-2009, 08:31 PM

As far as the front cocking serrations go, I used to hate them too, but I find that when I check the chamber or charge my pistol, I go for the front sometimes rather the back, just cause I get a better grip. It's also more uesful if you're trying to lock the slide without an empty magazine, as you can't reach the damn slide stop while holding it in hand. Hell if I had the money, I'd get front cocking serrations on the 5906 and the .45. Maybe even the Model 19! lol

I recommend the buildup idea, if you have the time and determination, not to mention the money. If you don't, get a Springfield Loaded, you can get one with adjustable sights or Novaks, which I myself would prefer. Other than that, what they say about the Kimbers is pretty much true too. If you're not picky about the finish, go stainless too. Makes cleaning and maintenance a million times easier than any other finish treatment.

Also, in my humble opinion, if you ever get that 4506 back, that will do pretty much everything any super cool 1911 will do, and you won't feel bad cause you didn't pay a grand for it either. But that's just me, Smith & Wesson loving me.