View Single Post
Old 10-14-2009, 01:10 AM

It's real cool that you're thinking about getting a new pistol. That's always fun as hell.

I don't know why everyone hates on 10mm, though it is definitely less than common ammunition. It's basically .357 Magnum for Automatic Handguns, and can do some damage. I can only imagine the muzzle flip on them, especially with a polymer frame Glock. If you think you can take the kick, and can get ahold of ammo without breaking the bank, go ahead and get a Glock 20.

If you want a super practical Glock though, it comes down to the 17, the 21SF, or the 22, and the 19 and 23 if you like compacts. the 9mm, .45 ACP and .40 S&W are all good and popular handgun loads (I consider them the "big three" of automatic calibers) and you trade a bit of range/accuracy off for power as you go in one direction or another. I'd personally go with a 9mm but if your dad doesn't care for it, I'd say get the 21SF. If that costs too much to shoot or is too big for you guys, then there's the .40 Caliber Glock 22. Not as much accuracy or ease of follow up as the 9mm or the stopping power of the .45 ACP, but it's the intermediate round. S'all up to your preference really.

Some might say get a .45 G.A.P or a .357 SIG, but the .45 Glock round isnt as powerful as the original .45 ACP cartridge, nor as popular, and the .357 SIG is expensive and fairly hot, almost as hot as low power 10mm loads. Stick with a 9/.40/.45.

Well, there's my two cents worth.