View Single Post
Old 11-14-2016, 09:30 PM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
Yeah, I checked. She was brass checking her gun, which I think would have been a better dramatic effect thing to do, but I am not sure if the gun she's using in the movie trailer was a real gun.

Does anybody want to start screen capping?
The problem with brass checking is I don't think most people would actually understand what that was. Racking the slide to load it is a lot more recognizable to people who don't know about guns.

I think her gun is a dressed up Glock. It is definitely a real gun, it appears to be practically firing in the trailer and there was a BTS featurette a couple of days ago that was them filming a scene with her and Batou firing their guns as they get out of a car and they were definitely live firing. Someone even made a point of saying that the blanks were exceptionally powerful ones.

There are actually photos of various guns from the press event in Tokyo including her pistol, and in that one the real gun part is actually transparent with the bullets visible inside. It isn't like this in other scenes so either she uses different pistols (this one was labelled "Major's Thermoptic Pistol"), or it changes when she goes into camouflage mode. These pictures also show that her rifle is a dressed up X95.