View Single Post
Old 06-04-2011, 08:25 PM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIVETWOSEVEN View Post
I got 4 M1 Garands from my local legion to do work on and just got back from test firing them. They had an assortment of problems which consisted of short stroking, light primer strikes and just plain misfeeding. The blank ammo I was using was Military M1909 and it was crimped and I had a few ammo which I do not know what it was that had a casing similar to a regular round with the end filled with a red paper (I'm guessing) and I put a clip through the one that was misfiring every time and it functioned perfectly.

What can be done about them short stroking? Would shortening the mainspring be good enough to allow them to cycle?
Sorry for the dumb question, but are these BLANK adapted? Those red wax tipped rounds were THE standard for milspec blanks for a very long time. They were hot loads that cycled perfectly (in hollywood blank adapted rifles). I remember israel came out with green tipped star crimped 30-06 blanks that was underpowered compared to the red tipped blanks. But are these blank adapted? With what TYPE of blank adapter?