View Single Post
Old 04-10-2012, 10:02 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur
Default Message about Evil Tim

Hey, I got this message recently and I want to bring it to everyone's attention.

"
Disclosure: I am PersonOfInterest/BurtReynoldsMoustache/Simsandwich, and I mean you no deception or dishonesty. I’m sending you this message out of good will and concern for IMFDB.

Evil Tim / Vangelis / Dongs is abusing his power. He banned a guy just because he thought that guy was me. He didn’t check the IP’s or do any investigation or anything. The guy’s only crime was “editing the GoldenEye 007 page” which Tim loves so much.

He banned another guy for having a “spammer name”. Not for actually spamming, just for having a spammer name, whatever that means.

Both users reregistered in an attempt to contact Bunni via his talk page, but Tim just banned them both and deleted the entries from Bunni’s page. Is it just me or is it generally considered rude to erase legitimate messages meant for somebody else? And if somebody does have an issue with an admin, what can they do but take it up with the supreme lord Bunni himself? Interfering with other people’s talk pages is inappropriate and should be unacceptable. What other safeguards against admin abuse are there?

One of them vandalized Tim’s talk page, but only after Tim had wrongfully banned him multiple times and interfered with his attempts to contact other admins. Can you blame him?

The other guy has got himself unbanned, but only after going through a massive headache and multiple undue bannings. Neither of these bannings should have occurred in the first place. Also ironically, he finished the editting job the first guy got banned for starting.

I’d also like to remind you that I never vandalised or brought drama to the wiki, I was just unliked on the forums. Evil Tim is actively chasing away new members for spurious reasons. He is going to run this site into the ground.

Check the history on Bunni’s user page to see what’s up.

http://www.imfdb.org/w/index.php?tit...action=history

There’s also an 8 page screed I wrote about this whole issue buried in the talk page history but you don’t need to read it to see what’s going on. You can if you want to, I don’t expect you to, but it gives a lot of good reasons for why Tim is toxic for this site and explains some of the mysteries surrounding myself.

Well that’s all I have to say, good bye.

"

Thoughts everyone?

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”