View Single Post
Old 04-23-2012, 07:21 AM
IMFDB Admin

Default We have to change the foreign country/produced category......

We have to change the 'foreign country/produced....' category to just the country that actually made the film, NOT the countries where the film was shot.

In movies like the James Bond 007 films, they make an effort to send film crews all over the world but I would not count any Bond movie to be representative of any other country's cinema, that would be ridiculous.

For example. Man with the Golden Gun. It was filmed in Thailand, Hong Kong, Macau, and England. The production companies were Eon Productions and Danjaq LLC. Both BRITISH COMPANIES. With financial backing from United Artists and distribution by U/A MGM.

We must separate the produced by category to reflect ONLY films which represent their origin countries. If I'm looking for cinema that is indicative of Thai's own film industry, I'm not gonna look at a James Bond movie.

People are listing every country where a movie was filmed in. And that is how the category was first created. It states "Country Produced/Filmed" We need to change that to Country Produced..... only.

I say we should change the category. I for one, don't need to know every country where a movie was filmed, since so many countries are represented only by 2nd unit film crews. But knowing what country actually MADE the movie is interesting. We are starting to see more and more representations from Russian, German, Czech, French, et. al cinema. We need to clarify our production category ONLY to list the production companies and not the various locations that the crew filmed in.

Thoughts?

Last edited by Jcordell; 04-23-2012 at 12:11 PM.