Thread: Z.a.a.p.
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2011, 04:20 AM

Pulling out of his apartment complex, he called his team sergeant.
“Sergeant Green, this is Taylor. Need to update you on my status.” He said without preamble when he heard the middle aged master sergeant pick up.
“Roger that, sir. Where you headed, Molly’s?” Green asked, sitting up in his office chair to get to his computer.
“Negative, headed to Tara’s. The one over in University Village.”
“The one still in college at Tech? Geez, ell-tee, robbing the cradle aren’t we?” Green asked with a chuckle.
“Sarge, in your senility of old age, you’re forgetting that I’m only 23. Call me if something happens. See you at morning muster.”
“Bye, Lieutenant.” The Sergeant said and hung up. By that time, Taylor had arrived at his destination and parked his truck in an empty spot somewhat close to Tara’s apartment. Throwing an old field jacket over his tricked out M-4A1 laying in the floor board of his extended cab, he stuck his U of M hat at an appropriate “Good Ole Boy” angle and locked his truck. Tara met him in the parking lot, just as the Georgia sun was setting behind the Atlanta sky line. Her face was ashen. Taylor instantly went taunt, his XD seemingly cleared leather of its own accord, and he leaned back towards his truck ready to get his rifle out and working.