View Single Post
Old 08-12-2009, 04:54 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Speaking of the Brits, I think a few of us would know about how slow they were in adopting firearms to catch up with the time. After WWII when the US and Russia already were on assault rifles with full auto, it took them nearly a decade after to adopt the L1A1 rifle and that was in semi. Took them longer to get the SA-80 and then a while after that for them to fix the problems with it. And I keep reading about the problems with the US when it comes to the infantry rifle, development and deployment, the British had a lot of problems in that area.

I always joke on that's the reason why their SAS is the best in the world of Special Forces, because their regular army seem to suck mostly because of not getting what they want equipment wise.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”