Thread: For all Mankind
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2020, 02:08 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT2008 View Post
A C7 (Colt 715) would have a brass deflector, which those guns don't have. Colt made URGs which had A1 uppers and heavier profile barrels (e.g. the 611). It's possible that that's what was used here; either that, or the armorer just stuck A2 barrels on A1 uppers for whatever reason.

Those guns do feature some accessories that are anachronistic - e.g. the A2 hand guards and the M4 "LE" stocks, which didn't become available until 2001-ish. Also, those Colt scopes may be anachronistic depending on the year in which the specific episodes are set. (The show apparently takes place in a range of years from 1969 to the mid-1970s.)
If you watched the trailer, the weapons were should after a speech from Reagan, so I think it's at least 1983 because the last episode mentions that exact year. So the A2 handguard would make sense ish for the time period

I can't tell if those are M4 LE stocks or early adjustable stocks

Since this is an alternate 1980s, we can assume some slight advancement in tech is forgivable as long as we don't see rails and modern red dots far ahead of the time period

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”

Last edited by Excalibur; 09-03-2020 at 02:11 AM.