View Single Post
Old 11-25-2009, 01:30 AM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT2008 View Post
And personally, I was against us having a page for FutureWeapons (and all the other reality shows) in the first place.
I concur. Shows that are basically 'documentaries' on new military weapons technology or historical ones, have NOTHING to do with the background work of movie armorers in film and television or graphics artists in VGs & Anime. I've always hated them, because there is no 'craft' involved in 'borrowing' the latest and greatest guns and ordnance from the Army. None of the REST of us can ever get that, and there is no real effort involved. I remember when some members started listing Television series about military events in which ALL of the images were real News footage. It was a complete waste of time. I guarantee you, NO viewer will 'wonder' what random Muslim terrorist is using in a quick clip from a fight somewhere in the Middle east from an Al Jazeerah Feed.

So these reality shows in essence, create a whole NEW CLASS of weapons that IMFDB has to waste server space on, even though no one will EVER use them or see them in films or other entertainment. I've always said, "IMFDB is NOT "The history of Guns website", but a lot of folks don't comprehend what that exactly means.....