View Single Post
Old 10-30-2009, 11:23 PM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Minez View Post
Well as much as i hate misleading information, and "newbies" ignorant enough to post misleading information, i dont quite see your quarrel. Should every nerd who’s experiences with weapons doesn’t stretch beyond the basics of some half life gameplay refrain from creating pages?
Your statement implies that you support erroneous information to be included on pages. I am sure that is not what you meant, but that would be the end result of your argument.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Minez View Post
Id say that most people interested in weapons are enthused by computer games. In particular when it comes to the younger generation. And if you are to ban all these I think that IMFDB would end up being a rather empty page. We cant all be gun veterans.
No you can't all be gun veterans, but it doesn't take experience to know NOT to put in BS. Google is a wonderful thing. There are things I was not sure of, so I did what we are all supposed to do. RESEARCH it before you post it.

And I don't believe we will become empty if we banned (which we don't do) newbie members from putting in crap info. There are plenty of members out there who would be happy to step up to the standards as set forth by the most senior and active membership & moderators. But having to constantly correct wrong entries become very tiresome.