View Single Post
Old 06-27-2017, 02:26 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan198 View Post
I liked the concept (especially being a junkie for the post-apocalypse and open world genres), but being someone who prefers to play solo, I didn't care for it being tailored specifically toward multiplayer.

And even on the lowest difficulty level, even the weakest enemies are monstrous bullet sponges. I remember the first (and only) boss I encountered and thinking "Great mother of Zeus!" when I finally defeated him after dying at least a dozen times.
Apparently, they have since patched the game a few times that going solo isn't as bad. Most of the time, you need to take it more slowly. There are guides to building a solo specific player and thankfully, there's no service you have to pay for on the PC.

The game is mostly a pick your battles kind of thing if you are going solo. Use all the tools as often as you can and watch your flank because enemies will try to get behind you. A lot of the AI is somewhat realistic. They will try to rush you and stay behind cover if you are suppressing them.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”