View Single Post
Old 01-01-2011, 04:03 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
Hey hey, Airsoft was what made me interested in real guns in the first place and I've made many fans playing with others

Saying that you don't like them and want them banned because of the internet and you can't seem to find anything on the fact that they clog the searches is a bit harsh and short sighted. There are those in the government trying to ban airsoft in the US as a stepping stone on the path to banning guns because they see the ease of access to Airsoft and the realism of them a threat.

If paintball became just as realistic as Airsoft, you would want them banned as well if they made more paintball guns look like M16s and give the same amount of customization to them, you'd be just as annoyed.

And maybe because you keep running into Airsoft through internet searches is because you weren't specific enough. When I type in AR-15 on google, I don't get a ton of hits of Airsoft websites, I get gun websites. If I type in EoTech sight or ACOG, I get the real deal and not Airsoft pages about them,
I don't think he meant to be taken so literally.