View Single Post
Old 07-16-2015, 12:39 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkychinaman View Post

I'd like to think you wouldn't need more than five or six rounds in a self-defense situation though. If you need more, maybe you should reconsider going to wherever you're going.
I and the few classes I have taken do not subscribe to mentality of "if you need more than X amount of bullets in a gun fight, you need to rethink your situation" or whatever variation of that line. I carry one spare mag with me and that's 19 extra rounds for if something's wrong with the mag I got in my gun other than it being empty, like a tac reload or malfunction. The mag I have in the gun is 15 and plus 1 in the chamber. Do I really need to use that many rounds in an actual fight, I don't know, I've never been in a gun fight. Every fight is different for you. It's best to be prepared. Now do I have a minigun in the trunk of my car and grenades down my pants? no, that's just silly and beyond the point. It's always about what you are prepared to do. I've seen guys that carry 2 spare mags or a backup gun as well and they don't feel over dressed but that's their preference.

I can't do appendix carry because I got a gut. It just doesn't work for me.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”