Thread: Lame
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2010, 01:36 AM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Markost Send a message via Yahoo to Markost Send a message via Skype™ to Markost

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT2008 View Post
A classroom full of boys? Hmmm, I admit that might be more than I could ever handle.
Well, a couple of years ago I was one of those boys (yeah, it´s my old high school), and yes, it was hard to the teachers to handle us.

Quote:
On the bright side, if you focus on stuff like wars, then it might be easier to keep their attention. I think part of the trick is learning how to drop random (but hilarious) pop culture references whenever possible. I know somebody who teaches high school history right now, and that's how she told me she keeps them focused - somehow, her class manages to reference everything from "Men in Black" to Bon Jovi, and her kids love her.
I´ve been planning what to do. For the first years (1st and 2nd year of the highschool, kids between 12 and 14), movies. For example, Gladiator when they´re studying Rome, using my laptop and the school´s projector. While they´re watching the film, they must take note. As history is like telling a story, it´s easier for them than studying maths (ugh...).