View Single Post
Old 12-30-2013, 10:03 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Played through Army of Two: The Devil's Cartel with my buddy over the weekend. On the plus side it's a gorgeous game, and the Frostbite 2 engine makes a world of difference. The gameplay is just as fun as the previous games, and the weapons selection is pretty good too. The in-game mask creator is an improvement on the web-based creator from 40th Day.

They did take out a few things though, most notably any multiplayer options outside of the co-op campaign. Extraction mode was a fun feature of the last game, and is sorely missed. The game is also missing a few of the little things from the previous game, like the ability to switch hands and the quirky things the characters can do, like play rock paper scissors. Longtime fans may also not like the changes to Rios and Salem.

It's sad, but I would not be surprised if this was the last game of the series. The ending left room for more, but I don't think the game sold enough to justify a sequel. Then again, I didn't think 40th Day sold enough to justify a sequel either. And like 40th Day, it's the "best $30 game you can buy."