View Single Post
Old 10-31-2016, 04:03 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

At the risk of starting another .40 cal vs every other caliber...nope, I'm starting one. Personally I like the 9mm, especially in hollow point compared to the .40.

Realistically, depending on thick the steel is, most rounds would have trouble hitting through it, especially pistol caliber.

I've also found the military has always been oddly distrustful of its own troops with their own weapons, hence so many extra "safeties" on a handgun. First thumb switch safeties, then some saying they don't need thumb safeties but heavy double action/Single action triggers, then double action only triggers and the current side arm is still using a gun with a manual safety and a DA/SA trigger. Of course the caliber choice is up to the military, originally following the NATO standard of 9mm, but because of the BS surrounding hollow points, FMJs are allowed, which I think diminishes the real power of a 9mm. If you say vs body armor than no pistol caliber would matter since body armor will stop almost all pistol caliber saved for actual armor piercing ammo.

I'll power through it. It just peeked my interests, that's all.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”