View Single Post
Old 04-07-2010, 03:08 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
I'm surprised that you didn't remove the foregrips from the guns used by the actors who don't want to use them. That would give them SOME plausibility. I think there's even accessories for certain firearms that allow for a better and safer grip on the magwell!

And here I was thinking that proper gun stance and gun grip techniques were crucial to convincingly displaying these actors as crack cops in Flashpoint. Extensive firearms training is essential with SWAT type units, after all.
I really think you are obsessing over this a little too much. Actually, "little" might be an under-statement. If the failure of actors to use foregrips is impeding you from enjoying the show, then go watch another show.

As for the armorers, there's only so much they can do. Their first and foremost concern is safety, not realism (lack of safety is what gets people hurt...and brings lawsuits). It's difficult enough for armorers just to ensure safety on a big show with dozens of guns being used on-set. And the director is the one who decides if another take is necessary, not the armorer. If the director decides that an actor must use the foregrip on an M4 or MP5K at all times (as I'm sure Michael Mann would insist), then the actor is of course going to do what the director says. But most directors aren't like that. So if the director doesn't care, and the actor doesn't care, and the director doesn't care that the actor doesn't care...the armorer can't do anything about it, no matter how they might feel.