View Single Post
Old 04-24-2010, 08:55 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT2008 View Post
I didn't play that often, but I always found sidearms to be too unwieldy. Maybe I just needed a better holster, but I found that it was too hard to run around with my WA Beretta 92FS bouncing around on my right thigh.

I always went in light as possible - BDUs, cheap Pantac vest and PASGT helmet replica, stock Tokyo MP5A3 with Surefire grip (sometimes my M16A2), eight mags (which I usually carried in pouches across my vest and in my belt), pretty much nothing else. My first two skirmishes ever, I would carry my Beretta in a cheap thigh holster I bought at a gun show, but eventually decided it wasn't worth the weight.

I usually got killed before I could use it, anyway. I discovered pretty quickly that urban Tigerstripe BDUs made me too visible in the woods when there are a lot of thick (brown) trees around and not enough foliage.
Well at first I used a thigh holster because it was a gift, but it was awkward for me the first few times. It really depends what kind of pistol you had. If it's too heavy, or if you didn't strap on tight, it'll bounce around. Most of the time, I rarely even pull out my pistol. On the rare occasion that we go indoors, I would take it out.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”