View Single Post
Old 01-10-2010, 04:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT2008 View Post
I got sick of Military Photos, too. As much as I respect people who serve, the problem with that site is that there are way too many members who let their service cause their heads to swell. They think that having been in the military automatically gives them the final word on anything (and by anything, I mean politics, weapons, etc.)
What initially caused me to leave was a couple of moderators who didn't like my preference for the MRP over the HK416 and started insulting me over it. I told mod 1 he could call me whatever he wanted but it wasn't going to change my opinion. Then the second moderator gave me a bogus warning for a supposed "personal" attack", and when I contested it, he just banned me instead of responding.

Now if it had just been those two jackasses, I'd have stayed on the forum just to piss them off, but the general disdain of the majority of the community there toward anyone who isn't in the military (airsofters in particular get singled out and constantly bombarded with insults... and, hell, I was called a "Marine poser" for simply having a Ka-bar knife) is what kept me from going back.

RIP Kevin Conroy, the one true Batman

Last edited by Spartan198; 01-10-2010 at 01:27 PM.