View Single Post
Old 01-29-2017, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcordell View Post
In all seriousness I think it will be fine. Easy to maintain, simple in it's function, easy to teach personnel who have no prior experience with real firearms and ,one assumes, sturdy and reliable. Polymer pistols are the new reality and they're here to stay. For the Army to choose a polymer pistol says something. The Army resisted the trend for a long time. Hell I carry a Glock 19 on duty and I have no issues with it. When I retire my department will gift it to me and I'm a dyed in the wool blue steel and wood furniture kind of guy. Your average soldier (not Delta, SF or Rangers) doesn't really give a shit about what he/she carries as long as it goes bang when they need it and it isn't horrifically heavy.
Pretty much with this. Though I do think SPEMack has something of a point, the whole 'KISS' deal. I too don't think the modular bits will really make much difference. Ease of replacement on the frame I think will be a plus, however.

That said I find it funny the SIG deal has kinda come full-circle. I really think they should have gone with the 226 before. Guess they'll get their turn now though.

All-told, I'm cool with this.