Thread: Lost
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2008, 02:54 AM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yournamehere View Post
And, my favorite, giving Sawyer a BB gun SIG on the raft. If you pay attention to when Michael throws it at him with his shirt, you can see the bottom has one of those tightening rods seen on CO2 BB guns, and not a magazine as it should have. Though most people don't notice that since they aren't gun nuts, they see a gun, I saw a BB gun and laughed quite a bit. Ruined the drasticness of the scene
Dude, If I were the armorer, and someone was TOSSING a handgun on the ocean to someone else, I'd sure a hell make sure it was a toy/fake rather than a real one. hahahahaha.

On a film I worked on, I STOPPED an actor from "improvising" and throwing my mint S&W Model 29 into a deep river. I yelled at him and told him that we had crappy fake guns for stuff like that. He said "Gee I didn't know that water would hurt the guns". I said "Water won't hurt the gun right away, now, explain to me how you're gonna retrieve my gun from the deep depths of a raving river? You gonna send divers down to get it?" Actors are so stupid sometimes.

Yes ... California has a High cap mag ban as well, but WE have an exemption for the motion picture armorers like me. Hawaii doesn't have an exemption for anyone. I know. I've argued with reps from the Honolulu PD prior to filming projects there several times. They just shrug their shoulder and say "oh well, that's the law". I always tell them "have you noticed how less and less WW2 and Vietnam movies are filming here (in Hawaii)?" I always wondered how John Woo got the high cap mag exemption for 'Windtalkers".....