View Single Post
Old 03-28-2010, 05:50 PM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT2008 View Post
I say, get it re-finished in titanium nitride, get some ivory or pearl grips, and then you can be Goldmember. ...
Matte hard chrome is about as far as I would go. The factory titanium nitride they use to have didn't look bad. Looked more copper than gold.

Quote:
Also, there's a two-tone Mark I that was used by the villain Tempus in an episode of "Lois & Clark". It had a brushed chrome frame and slide, but regular blued barrel and controls, and I thought that was a neat-looking combination. If I owned an Eagle, I think that's the finish I would want.
I have seen a Mark VII like that a few times. Crank 2 High Voltage and also an episode of The Shield. But I don't think the controls were blued

Quote:
Wikipedia says that the Desert Eagle was briefly manufactured by Saco Defense between 1996 and 2000, then IMI/IWI resumed manufacture after that.
I very rarely see USA built ones for sale.

Quote:
Yeah, it makes sense to classify them by models. Unfortunately, the Desert Eagle page has become so huge that it would be pretty hard to do at this point. But I should add that to my to-do list...
Since the models aren't noted on the current list, you could always convert it to the wiki grid list. Then as time goes on the model could be added to note section.

I converted the Beretta 92FS list, it took a while but it couldn't be as long as that.