View Single Post
Old 03-28-2010, 03:22 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by predator20 View Post
I could check other gun shops, but would probably get about the same offers from them. They got to make a profit off it. I would be better off selling to an individual. So for now I'll just keep it. The gun shop that has the SIG P220 I was interested in has a layaway plan. So I could always do that.
I say, get it re-finished in titanium nitride, get some ivory or pearl grips, and then you can be Goldmember.

Also, there's a two-tone Mark I that was used by the villain Tempus in an episode of "Lois & Clark". It had a brushed chrome frame and slide, but regular blued barrel and controls, and I thought that was a neat-looking combination. If I owned an Eagle, I think that's the finish I would want.

Quote:
Well Magnum Research designed it and IMI makes them. But IMI is now IWI. There was a period there, I think it was during Mark VII production where they made in the USA I guess by Magnum Research.
Wikipedia says that the Desert Eagle was briefly manufactured by Saco Defense between 1996 and 2000, then IMI/IWI resumed manufacture after that.

Quote:
You do make a good point about breaking it down by the models. I mean the 1911 page is broke down M1911, M1911A1, series 70 and series 80.

Even though imfdb is not gun encyclopedia, it pretty much turns out that way because of the different model break down this site does.
Yeah, it makes sense to classify them by models. Unfortunately, the Desert Eagle page has become so huge that it would be pretty hard to do at this point. But I should add that to my to-do list...

Last edited by MT2008; 03-28-2010 at 03:25 PM.