View Single Post
Old 11-14-2016, 06:21 PM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swordfish941 View Post
Also, am I the only one who thinks that the complaints about the Major getting whitewashed is fucking stupid? Especially when you consider the fact that the Major has no ethnic identity.
Well, her brain is Japanese, but that is it. They are sticking to that part I assume, as her mother is played by Kaori Momoi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
My first nitpick already with the first trailer is that they had The Major go Hollywood and have her chamber her pistol before jumping...I need to rewatch the scene again in the anime movie to see what she does but I remember in the first episode of SAC, she took her handgun out and flicked the safety off.
In the original she either chambers a round or is doing a brass check, not really sure. looks more like a brass check as the round inside doesn't move around, but the slide moves back much farther than necessary. When checking I originally put in my 2.0 disk by mistake, forgot how shitty that redone CGI opening scene was.

Its nice to see a lot of real guns as well, especially Batou's shotgun being the first live action appearance of a Crye Six12.